Anita Pickerden Bio
I worked as a qualified lecturer in Further Education Colleges and Universities for many years, designing and delivering high quality training programmes in Leadership and Management. I continue to teach in these areas, mainly in a work-based environment, for example on Executive Education programmes and managing Work Based Project modules on a Retail Management degree. Some of my recent projects include:
- Providing telephone coaching for IT professionals following an online health assessment
- Delivering external advice for De Montfort University on the validation of a pre-masters bridging programme for Neils Brock Business College in Copenhagen
- Working with the University of Westminster to assist them in reaching out to employers
- Design and delivery of project management modules on the new BA degree in Retail Management and Distribution for a major supermarket chain
- Research into Work Life Balance issues for Older Workers – CLMS University of Leicester
I know from my own research that good work life balance can improve employee engagement. Working with associates who are also experts in their field, I can improve your productivity and work performance through training; coaching and evaluation. Coaching creates a space for planning your way forward through a challenging situation, or helping you to realise your goals. A good coach will challenge any limiting beliefs, and encourage you to complete your plans within your timeframe. I trained with the Centre for Coaching from 2004-2007, gaining qualifications in Coaching, Psychological Coaching, Coaching for Performance and Organisational Stress Management. I subscribe to the Code of Ethics and Good Practice of the Association for Coaching and also hold a Diploma and Advanced Diploma in NLP & Health from Central NLP.